This is not just another safety course!
To change the safety performance across the sector we need highly capable leaders delivering great work outcomes and, as a result, great safety outcomes each and every day.
LeadSafe Supervisors takes participants on a learning journey that looks at safety differently – safety is not a “tick the box” exercise. We are challenging participants to shift your thinking from policy and compliance to effectively leading a culture of safety on site.
This means “walking the talk”, taking ownership and commitment to the next level to proactively lead safe on site – everyday.
What will you learn?
Safety leadership is about “what goes on when no one is watching”. The aim of this programme is to enable leaders to embrace a safety culture and what they do on site everyday to get great work outcomes and take the lead to ensure everyone on site is safe.
The two days gives supervisors skills to set the tone as a leader and to:
- Walk the talk and have skills for role modelling the desired skills, safe attitudes and behaviours required on site – including with sub-contractors.
- Develop good communication skills delivering effective and meaningful safety conversations.
- Positively influence and rectify inappropriate behaviour.
- Proactively assess “safety” risks and to drive safe attitudes and working methods in the workplace.
- Effectively utilise the safety tools and systems (hazard management, risk identification and assessment, incident investigation) to get better work outcomes.
- Clearly know their roles and responsibilities as a safety leader and be proactively involved in the management of safe on site, every day.
How do I book?
Contact us to book this course, we require a minimum of 8 attendees to deliver this programme. We can add you to our wait-list if you have less than 8 attendees.
Applies toLeadSafe Supervisors has been developed specifically to meet the needs of the construction and infrastructure industry to lift the leadership and safety capability of all frontline leaders. It is endorsed by Construction Health and Safety New Zealand (CHASNZ) and is part of the ACC Injury Prevention Grant scheme, which has been set up to support Kiwi businesses to access effective health and safety solutions.
1,250 + gst per person