“Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry good practice”
The purpose of this course is to provide essential information about the principles and application of health and safety risk assessments and covers Unit Standard 30265.
This course has been designed for people who need to manage risks to maintain a safe workplace.
This will include:
- supervisors and managers
- engineers and project managers
- workers who carry out physical activities
- those who work with machinery and are exposed to risks that need to be assessed before work is carried out
- those working on New Zealand construction sites
- anyone wanting to develop their health and safety knowledge
What you will achieve
- Level 3 – NZQA 30265 – 8 Credits
- Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
What we offer:
This course is available online or delivered in the classroom by one of our experienced tutors and after this course you will be able to keep yourself and others safe by implementing and understanding how to manage hazards and risks. You will know health and safety requirements as required by New Zealand law and be a critical thinker around health and safety issues.
This course equips you with the skills to promote a safer, healthier place of work through effective training and support to fulfil you responsibilities and duties. All workers are entitled to safe workplaces and practices and education is key to unlocking the door to safer and healthier workplaces. When workers are trained in workplace health and safety, they become empowered to apply health and safety measures.
Besafe Training Health and Safety Risk Assessment course enables you to identify and prevent potential illness, injury or incidents in your workplace. A course graduate will be able to understand what your part is in creating a safe workplace. This course is for people who need to understand how to conduct risk assessment. We will give managers and supervisors the practical knowledge and skills to help them to better identify hazards and assess, control, monitor and review them.
Effective hazard and risk management reduces the chance of harm occurring, resulting in a safer and more productive workplace for you and your team.
Improve health and safety risk assessments in your workplace.
Upon completion of our course, candidates will be able to:
- understand the rights and responsibilities for workplace health and safety according to the Health And Safety At Work Act 2015
- explain the legislative requirements for risk management in the workplace
- identify hazards, assess risks, control the risks, monitor controls and review for continuous improvement
- complete any necessary documentation associated with managing risk in the workplace
- describe and review risk management processes such as audits, statistical analysis, accident and incident registers.
The Safety Risk Assessment course is available online or delivered by one of our industry expert tutors. Our online course is comprehensive and includes video scenarios and animated content to explain key concepts, so trainees can relate what they are learning to real-life situations. The Besafe Training team is committed to helping you gain certification and will work with you to help you complete the course satisfactorily. Our assessor is on stand-by (during office hours) for any support as you work through the course.
Changes in the Health and Safety at Work Act regulations substantially increased the importance and authority of Health and Safety Representatives, making this course a must. Learning from this course is formally recognised by NZQA and will provide a good grounding for participants to complete more advanced health and safety qualifications.
- $ 232.50 + GST per person
- Online/In class
Paid leave to complete health and safety representative training is built into the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 legislation. This leave entitlement also includes undertaking online courses. Book a course today.
Why choose Besafe Training?
Besafe Training is a category 1 education provider. In our review by New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA), we received the highest possible grade. We were found to be:
- Highly confident in educational performance
- Highly confident in capability in self-assessment
For our health and safety short courses, our performance was rated as excellent.
A survey of our learners in 2018 found that:
- after attending Besafe health and safety training, 93% reported a positive attitude and agreed that courses were useful to keep and maintain health and safety in their workplaces
- after attending Besafe health and safety training, 97% noted valuable learnings they could implement immediately in their work environment
- 98% would like to attend more health and safety courses to gain the knowledge to work safely within their workplace.
Besafe Training Ltd is a Private Training Establishment (PTE) based in Rosedale, on Auckland’s North Shore. Besafe delivers a wide range of one-two day full unit standard courses and refresher courses either in-house for client organisations, or as public courses. To organise a health and safety representative training course call us on 0800 333 899.
An effective health and safety culture for New Zealand
Developing a thorough and effective health and safety culture in New Zealand workplaces is critical. To support business in the training of their Health and Safety Representatives, Besafe Training offers Safety Risk Assessment programmes at our training centres and online. The Besafe Training Safety Risk Assessment course is another quality option toward our Besafe Site Passport.
If you’d like to know more about our health and safety, NZQA registered courses, get in touch today.