All height safety equipment must be inspected prior to use by the user as well as by a Height Safety Equipment Inspector prior to use and at intervals specified within the relevant standard. This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to conduct the routine visual inspections of height safety equipment.
- Identify industrial rope access equipment.
- Identify manufacturers’ maintenance instructions.
- Identify manufacturers’ maintenance specifications.
- Inspect and reject damaged and/or worn equipment.
- Carry out maintenance procedures in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Record equipment inspections in log book.
- Record maintenance procedures in log book
NB: this course will not provide you with authorisation to conduct internal inspections or servicing of fall arrest blocks, this type of training is typically provided by the manufacturer to authorised personal.
Applies toPeople responsible for the routine inspection of height safety equipment
Entry RequirementsStage 2 Working at Heights or Equivalent Skills and Knowledge
$192.36 + gst per person
What You Will Achieve
Inspect and maintain height safety equipment
|NZQA 19359||Unit||Inspect and maintain height safety equipment||3 Credits|