This course will develop your knowledge of occupational health and safety statutory obligations, roles, and responsibilities so you can lead and implement high standards of health and safety management system. The course will also develop your ability to identify hazards and controls for the workplace environment.
You will explore theories of incident causation and prevention and gain the knowledge and skills to communicate and apply safe work strategies.
Delivered to Unit Standards 5607 – over a 1 day workshop (*Optional assessment and submission of evidence is required to achieve Unit Standard)
✓ Legislative requirements including but not limited to Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSW Act), Human Rights Act 1993, privacy Act 1993
✓ Occupational health and safety responsibilities
✓ Occupational health and safety statutory obligations
✓ Hazards in the workplace
✓ Health and safety training plans
✓ Evaluation of health and safety activities
✓ Health and safety incident investigation
✓ Theories of incident causation and prevention
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Communicate job specific health and safety requirements and practices in accordance with legislative requirements, industry specific codes of practice, and standards to a team in a specific business operation.
- Lead consultative and participation processes that involve workers in the development of job specific health and safety policies and procedures for a team in a specific business operation.
- Supervise the implementation of and monitor the maintenance of organisational and job specific health and safety policies and procedures for a team in a specific business operation.
- Apply knowledge of incident causation models to investigate an incident and prepare a report that complies with organisational and legislative requirements and make recommendations to improve workplace incident investigation methods where appropriate.
- Describe and apply health and safety requirements for the various jobs and teams in their workplace, in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Identify relevant health and safety risks and apply practicable controls.
- Promote beneficial health and safety practices for a specific team, with measurable results, in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Create and apply a health and safety plan for a team to meet the organisations operational requirements.
- Identify and coordinate health and safety requirements, in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, and the organisational requirements
Applies toThose with governance and/or management roles wanting to ensure they have a strong understanding of their requirements to operate a business working within the framework of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
$599 per person