People credited with this unit standard are able to: explain the types of work permits, the roles of those involved in the work permit system, and the requirements for receiving a work permit; explain the preparatory requirements when applying for a work permit; accept a work permit and undertake work under the permit; and describe and carry out the controls and actions to be taken at the end of a work period or upon the completion of work.
- Meets full criteria for US17588
- Prepares attendees to work with the permit issuer, including hands-on experience during the training
- Trains the student in workplace management which protects People, Assets and the Environment
- Trains the student to identify workplace hazards and put appropriate measures in place to safely manage those hazards
- Provides practical scenarios of applying for work permit [Hotwork1, Hotwork2, Cold work] to the point of issue, and closeout on completion of the work.
Benefits of Besafe Trainings’ PTW training:
- Qualifies staff to work on company site that use a permit to work system
- Meets the legal obligations of HSW Act -2015, The Resource Management Act and associated Regulations, with regard to managing a safe place of work
- For contracting companies in particular, having staff competent at this level greatly increases a company’s chance of securing work.
Upon successful completion of the course you will:
Achieve NZQA US17588 – Apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace.
Receive a certificate and ID card stating the unit standard and Permit to Work – Receiver
Online course - $259.00 + gst p/p
In-Person course - $319.38 + gst per p/p
What You Will Achieve
Apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace
|NZQA 17588||Unit||Apply for, accept, and carry out work according to a work permit in the workplace||4 Credits|