The purpose of this course is for health and safety representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
The health and safety representative course is available online or delivered by one of our industry expert tutors. Our online course is comprehensive with interactive content throughout, we have an assessor on stand-by (during office hours) for any support as you work through the course.
Representatives awarded with this standard will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations.
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers.
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative.
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management.
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work.
$290.00+ gst per person
What You Will Achieve
Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace
|NZQA 29315||Unit||Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace||2 Credits|
Book a Course